Green Home Play Ideas
There are plenty of things you already have in your home that make great baby toys.
- Try setting out your POTS AND PANS to stack inside each other and bang on.
- MEASURING SPOONS make a great clanging toy to dangle over baby and also to let baby hold onto and try to fit their tongues on.
- The classic EMPTY BOX is a great example of a toy that every one laughs about as the real present baby wants to play with.
- EMPTY HUMMUS AND SALSA CONTAINERS make great bath time toys to fill and pour out water.
- A LAUNDRY BASKET or LARGE BROWN BOX is a fun toy baby can climb in to if it is on its side or hide under/behind etc.
There's Lots That I Can Do - Kathleen HarteI may not be a grown-up but there's lots that I can do.I'm very good at hide-and-seek and great at peekaboo.I'm good at taking notice of a lot that grown-ups missLike things to touch, and things to smell, and things to squash and squish.I'm good at building castles in the sand down by the beachAnd each day I get bigger- there are more things I can reach.I'm good at finding places for my friends and me to sitTo sing a song, or read a book, where grown-ups wouldn't fit.I'm good at drinking apple juice right from a grown-up cupAnd when I sometimes spill a bit, I'm good at cleaning up.I'm good at swinging on the swings they have down at the parkAnd I can catch the fireflies that come out after dark.I'm good at helping dress myself and choosing what I wearAnd when it's time to get my shoes I always find a pair.I'm good at playing dress-up and I'm great at let's pretendAnd sometimes I am even good at sharing with a friend.I'm good at doing certain things I don't think grown-ups couldI'm even good at doing things they might not think I should.So though I won't be grown-up for a long, long time it's trueThat's ok because for now- there's lots that I can do!